The competitor must be able to create an accurate customer profile and
to have a clear vision of the information content and services, of the target
group and of the main operating idea.
The competitor must know how to produce a wireframe of the site and a
layout plan for the user interface of the basic and/or front page. The
competitor must define the technologies used in the creation of the web site,
such as programming languages, software etc.
The competitor designs the web site by using different technologies and
software and tests the site with different browsers, terminals and by using a
W3C Validator. The competitor publishes the web site on a server and presents
it to the customer. The competitor must master server and database related matters.
The competitor produces a documentation required in the maintenance of
the web site and instructs the customer in the implementation and use of the
web site. The competitor should have interaction skills required in team work
and show entrepreneurial thinking in the competition situation in his/her own
way. The competitor should also take into account the ergonomic matters related
to his/her own wellbeing at work.
In addition to previously mentioned requirements a successful competitor
is also able to:
- consider the information safety and the most
general standards in his/her work
- plan visually attractive web sites utilizing
- consider the current trends of the field
- consider the accessibility and usability of
the web sites
- implement web pages that are updated via
- produce media files needed in the service
- manage projects and team work
- solve problems which appear
- integrate his/her web site with social media
- make use of version management