Front page Skills Information and Communication Technology 204 Data processing
204 Data processing
The competition tasks of this skill category are based on the Vocational qualification in Information and Communications Technology, and on the Vocational Qualification in Business.
Depending on the competence area, working place can be e.g. in the information and communications technology environment, or finance- and office work in different companies or in the public sector.
Description of the skill category
The competition consists of customer service- and specialist tasks. Therefore, competing the tasks requires good skills in problem solving and communication.
Successful competitor knows how to train, assist and guide the customer in using the information technology as well as solves problems related to use of programs.
Competition is individual.
Competence requirements are based on the requirements and criteria of ”Excellent” in the vocational qualification, including competence requirements of the task modules.
- Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Processing spreadsheet data (filtering, subtotals, protection, linking, importing data)
- Adding illustrations to a spreadsheet (images, objects, links, comments, editing charts)
- Calculations and functions, e.g. Sum, If, Sumif, Plookup, Vlookup, Count, Countif. In addition, Goal seek.
- Macro recording and producing a macro button
- Text formatting (Word)
- Styles and document templates
- Long documents (section breaks, footers and headers, table of contents, indexes, references and bibliographies)
- Columns (dividing a text into columns)
- Merge functions (address labels and newsletters, connecting to a data source)
- Forms (creating and editing tables and form fields)
- Presentation graphics (PowerPoint)
- Diverse use of images and drawing tools, animations
- Inserting and editing charts and objects, as well as RGB-color definitions
- Slide-specific effects, text effects, action buttons, hyperlinks
The tasks may also be solved using Excel add-ons: PowerQuery and PowerPivot.
To accomplish the tasks, a competitor must be familiar with the Office Object Linking and Embedding(OLE) – features.
The fulfilment of the competition task will be accepted as the completion of the Advanced license.